Sunday, March 14, 2010

Taking the leap

Those who think are regarded as the intelligent, thoughtful, smart people of the world. I believe this to be the case. More thought that is put into a decision most often results in a choice that the person who makes it can be proud of, whether it is successful or not. Thoughtfulness is, all and all, a valuable trait to be had in individuals.

There are times, however, when thinking can become a negative. There are situations where thinking can hinder one's ability to make good decisions and healthy choices. I, personally, tend to over analyze things. I think and think about something, taking a look at every possible angle, and never let go. Even after decisions I will occasionally look back and see whether I made the right choice. This can be detrimental to mental health. If a person can't do something without painstaking thought, there can be frustration associated with even the smallest of decisions.

It is at times when I am over thinking things that I need to remind myself of one important part of my life. This idea is Faith. Faith is a pivotal part of my life, as it revolves around being Jewish. Faith is the root of religion, the source from which all practice stems.

When I realize that I am over analyzing things, I take a step back. I look at myself in the mirror, and I tell myself three things. I tell myself:
1) Have faith in yourself to make the decision that will be best for you.
2) Have faith in your community, who has offered you the ability to face this decision, and have faith that they did so for good reason.
and 3) Have faith in God, that God put you on the path that will lead to the best result.

I'm not saying God is deciding whether or not you win or lose your soccer game. I'm simply saying that God puts each and every one of us on earth for a reason. When life gets stressful and decisions have to be made, realize that, with a little faith, the whole process can be easier. Take a total leap of faith, putting yourself in a position for success. If things don't work out, its not a big deal. If things do work out, though, faith paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment