Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 1

On Saturday, my brother stood before the entire congregation and read from the Torah for the first time. He became a Bar Mitzvah, and began his life as a Jewish adult.

I am exceptionally proud of the job that he did. He read with great pride, respect, and religious enthusiasm. It is very inspiring to see such a young person come forward and do such great things when it comes to speaking from his heart, all while opening the hearts of those who love him.

Whenever someone in NFTY is elected to a regional board position, one of the first things they are told is to find their successor. I have found one of mine. He is my brother. He may not be a regional board member, or he may be. But he will be a leader in the Jewish movement. I can know with certainty and hope that I will have someone behind me who will do amazing things and help to make this world a better place.

This is my wish for Logan. May he have everything he ever wants, and yet also struggle with life's important questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment