Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21

Running has been my outlet. I began running a week ago, doing it as a way to clear my head during stressful times such as these, as well as to lose a few of the pounds I gained during the less-than-active months of winter.

What I didn't realize was how good I would feel running. I feel as though I am working on something much bigger than just my cardiovascular health. During my runs, I am able to digest my day, because I run right after school. I am able to really think about what has gone on over the course of my school day, and be prepared to go into the night's worth of homework well rested. I am able to become so physically exhausted that I don't think I can go any farther, and yet I get on it and keep on going.

Running is really just a symbol for the rest of my life. When I run, I am allowing myself to get into a mental and physical state of drive, yet peace. I am in the zone, ready to keep going, yet all I am focused on is where I am going. I run most often without a set destination, but rather for the simple enjoyment of hitting the road. I change it up every day, so that I don't become bored with my surroundings.

So far, I have ran on seven days. I have seen some amazing things. Today, I saw a hawk, flying from light post to light post. The grace and beautify of the animal was amazing, and I wanted to be able to run and catch up to it. I can't believe all of the amazing things I see along my path, and I'm glad I have the chance to take these moments to see them.

As I run through my life, I am going to be faced with a lot of hard roads. Sometimes there will be a sidewalk, sometimes I'll have to off-road it. Sometimes I will be alone, and sometimes there will be others running nearby. It will never be easy to go for a run, but it will always make me a better person to kick it into gear, and push myself beyond my limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment