Saturday, April 2, 2011

April 2

Baseball season is finally here. I am so much happier when the Cubs are playing. I have an outlet for all of my emotions. Every emotion I could ever imagine comes through:

Happiness: Nothing shows happiness quite like flying the big blue W over Wrigley Field after a win.

Frustration: When the Cubs walk in a run (which they are notorious for doing) it is amazing that I don't put my foot through the TV.

Sadness: Knowing that October very well may come and leave the Cubs behind. Again.

Hope: Maybe this will be our year. And if anyone says otherwise, just keep wishing.

Jealousy: The Yankees and their 27 championships. That is frustrating. Can't they share some of those?

Contentment: Not that I enjoy seeing other people suffer, but seeing the Twins and whoever is playing the White Sox win gives me a nice feeling.

As the Cubs begin their year, we can only hope that this is our year. I will, however, follow every game and be sure to keep the hope alive. Gotta love baseball season.

1 comment: