Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 17 (NFTY 4)

For my North American time to begin, my regional life needed to end. For me, I have become active in both my home region, CAR, as well as NFTY-NO. I went to NO's Spring Kallah, so that I could have the chance to say goodbye to my "colder" friends.

At this event, I was able to grow closer with the people who I had always known, but got to know on an even better level. This made the NFTY weekend quite possibly the best of my life. I had more pure fun than ever before. I can't thank NFTY-NO enough for welcoming me into their community with open arms.

For so long I had looked forward to NFTY events. Now, though, I was not looking forward to KOLBO at all. Despite my amazing opportunity to remain in NFTY for an extra year, I still had to say goodbye to my region and all of my friends in it.

As we began the event, I quickly realized how good I had gotten at thinking logistically. I was able to square away details several hours before it was needed, and felt good about the services I was putting out. During the service Saturday morning, I felt as though my community had come together in prayer, and that we had created something truly magical.

It was Saturday night that my most significant moment of leadership occurred. During elections, a young man was elected to be the new NFTY-CAR RCVP. I had officially found my successor and had subsequently been replaced. This was the first time I had had a successor (I was my own last year), and was quite moved by it. Both of the candidates for the position were amazing and will be spiritual leaders within our community. I am lucky to say that I feel confident that I have left the region that I love in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment