Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1st

Today is the first day of a new year. It is also the beginning of my next journey into blogging.

Last year, I posted almost every week, each time on a different topic. This exercised my ability to come up with engaging information to talk about, and allowed me to come up with ways to experess myself both for others and for my own benefit.

This year, I want to try something different. Rather than a weekly post that is many paragraphs long, I want to attempt a daily post. These posts will be shorter most of the time, sometimes being only two or three sentences while other times reaching to multiple paragraphs. THis will allow me to work on stretching my creativity to allow me to observe what goes on around me and to find the value in the most often mundane.

I will post in this fashion every night for the first part of the year, and reflect back on it in June to reflect and adapt based on my experiences.

I will also close every post with a quote that is moving to me in some way or another.

“The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination.” Don Williams Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment