Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 9th

This morning, I played guitar at my temple, songleading for services as well as the parent open-house type program that my first grade class led. I played about 10 different songs, and was engaged in some serious songleading excitement. Of those 10 songs, eight of them were written by Debbie Friedman.

This morning, Debbie Friedman died at the age of 58. Her music, which began at OSRUI, the summer camp that I attend and love, inspired thousands of Jews all around the globe. Her beautiful talent brought great joy and light to the spirit of an entire movement. She will be greatly missed.

May her memory be for a blessing.

"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

1 comment:

  1. Her music will continue to live on and be her legacy. Today at our youth group event we observed a moment of silence in her memory.

    ReplyDelete