Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2nd

Going to college is intended to be an educational experience. Who knew that the education would begin before you got there.

The lesson that I am getting right now is one in patience. The University of Wisconsin is going to get back to me before January 15th, but they do not tell me how much before that the decision will come. It could be today. It could be tomorrow. It could be January 15 exactly.

I am someone who loves to plan. I like to plan ahead what I will do when, how I will do things, and every detail kept in order. Not knowing what your options are, however, really impacts your ability to plan. Wisconsin is teaching me to have pateince, to sit by and wait while a decision is made for me.

Between now and then, I will check my email somewhere close to 1000 times. I will do everything to keep myself busy, as if to make myself feel like I have a say. But overall, Wisconsin is teaching me one of the most valuable lessons it will teach me, whether I attend or not. Just got to stay patient.

“All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope” Alexandre Dumas Pere

No comments:

Post a Comment